Wednesday 14 September 2016

‘clean hands and a pure heart’




Psalm 24:3-5 (RSV)
Who shall ascend the hill of the Lord?
    And who shall stand in his holy place?
He who has clean hands and a pure heart,
    who does not lift up his soul to what is false,
    and does not swear deceitfully.
He will receive blessing from the Lord,
    and vindication from the God of his salvation.

Who can stand in the presence of the Lord?  David reminds us that the person with clean hands and a pure heart can come before the Lord.  The man or woman who does not lift up their soul to what is false, and does not swear deceitfully; they can come before the LORD.

Now for the million dollar question, how do you feel about your brother or sister?  What is your attitude towards the people in your own life?  Are your hands clean?  Do you swear underneath your breath?  This is your opportunity to change and pray for forgiveness of sin, repentance and accepting the LORD JESUS.  

No blessings will be released if you do not confess your sins, come clean and ask the Lord to forgive you.  What are you waiting for?


Prayer

O Lord God I confess that many times I have a bad attitude thinking no one will know my heart but You do.  Humbly I pray please forgive me, create in me a pure heart and clean my hands.   In Jesus Name, Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...